2 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped, sweetened
- 18 fresh small whole strawberries
1. In medium bowl, mix sliced strawberries and 1/3 cup sugar; let stand at least 30 minutes.
2. Heat oven to 425°F. Spray 18 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix flour, 1/2 cup sugar, the baking powder and salt. Cut in butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Stir in 3/4 cup whipping cream, the almond extract and eggs with fork until soft dough forms.
3. On lightly floured surface, knead dough lightly 3 or 4 times. Divide dough evenly among muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full.
4. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 2 minutes; remove cupcakes from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
5. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 2 minutes; remove cupcakes from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
Recipe from: Betty Crocker