Peanut Butter Cupcakes are a type of cupcake flavor.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup natural, creamy peanut butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Strawberry jam for frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Whisk dry ingredients in a large bowl. Cream butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Reduce speed to low. Mix remaining wet ingredients in a bowl. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture in 3 additions, alternating with wet ingredients and ending with dry. Scrape sides of bowl. Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each full.
- Bake cupcakes until testers inserted into centers come out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool in tins on wire racks.Make cupcakes as directed in , adding peanut butter before adding eggs. Use sour cream and vanilla as wet ingredients. Once cupcakes are cool, frost tops with peanut butter frosting. Place a dollop of jam in center of frosting. Decorated cupcakes will keep, covered and refrigerated, for up to 2 days.