Oreo Cupcakes are cupcakes with one of the most famous cookies around... Oreos!
- 3 cups of cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 20 Oreo cookies halves, with cream filling attached
For the frostingEdit
- 8 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 10 Oreo cookies, cut in half, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Twist Oreos in half and set aside the extra cookies for crushing for the frosting. Place the side with cream filling in the bottom of each cupcake liner, cream-side facing up.
- Fill lined cupcake tins with batter. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool 10 minutes in pan before transferring to a cooking rack.
- For the frosting, in the bowl of your standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or using a hand mixer) cream the butter and shortening on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the powdered sugar, about ½ cup at a time, until thoroughly mixed. Add the butter flavoring, and Oreo crumbs; mix well. Frost cupcakes as desired. Top cupcakes with half of an Oreo cookie, for garnish.