- Chocolate coffee cupcakes
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) room temperature butter
- 1 cup (200 grams) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Gelavia brewed cold coffee
- 1 3/4 cup (210 grams) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (20 grams) unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Coffee buttercream frosting
- 3/4 cup room temperature butter
- 3 cups powder sugar
- 1 tbsp Gelavia brewed cold coffee
- 2-3 tbsp heavy cream
Chocolate coffee cupcakes
- Heat the oven to 350F. Line two cupcake pans with 18 paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, cocoa and baking powder. Add the flour mixture alternately with the cold coffee to the creamed butter.
- Mix until just combined.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared cupcake pan and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Leave the cupcakes in the pan for 5 minutes before placing them on wire racks to cool completely.
- When the cupcakes are completely chilled, make the frosting.
Coffee buttercream frosting
- In a mixing bowl whisk the butter for about 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the powder sugar, 1/2 cup at the time, whisking well.
- When all the sugar is incorporated add the cold coffee and enough heavy cream to reach the desired consistency. Whisk for an additional minute.
- Spoon the buttercream into a piping bag and frost the cupcakes.
- Grate some chocolate on top or sprinkle some crushed candy (optional)