These are a list of Christmas cupcakes!
- 1 box white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake box
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 24 small candy canes
- Red and green jelly beans
- Red cinnamon candies
- Red string licorice
- Red and green candy-coated chocolate-covered sunflower seeds
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups or spray with cooking spray.
- Make and bake cake as directed on box for cupcakes, using water, oil and egg whites. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, mix powdered sugar and butter with spoon or electric mixer on low speed. Stir in vanilla and 3 tablespoons milk. Gradually beat in just enough remaining milk to make frosting smooth and spreadable. Frost cupcakes generously.
- Create ornament designs using assorted candies. Use top of candy cane to create a “hook” on each cupcake.
- 125g butter
- 100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 1 tsp finely grated orange rind
- 2 eggs
- 500g dried mixed fruit
- 60g (1/2 cup) chopped walnuts
- 80ml (1/3 cup) fresh orange juice
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour, sifted
- 75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 250g white icing
- 36 red Nestle Smarties or Mars M&M'S
- 10 drops green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line twelve 80ml (1/3-cup) capacity muffin pans with cases. Use an electric beater to beat the butter, sugar and orange rind in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the dried fruit, walnuts and orange juice. Stir in the combined flour and mixed spice. Spoon into the lined pans and smooth the surfaces.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cupcakes are firm to touch. Set aside in the pans for 5 minutes to cool before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Knead the icing following packet directions. Roll out on a sheet of non-stick baking paper until 3mm thick. Use a round 7cm pastry cutter to cut 12 discs from icing. Place on the cupcakes.
- Bring leftover icing together. Flatten slightly. Wearing gloves to avoid staining your hands, add food coloring and knead until well combined. Roll out on a sheet of non-stick baking paper until 3mm thick. Use a pastry cutter or a small sharp knife to cut 24 small diamond shapes from the icing. Arrange on cupcakes to make leaves. Roll remaining icing into small balls and use to attach Smarties or M&M'S to the cupcakes to make berries.