Cherry Kool-Aid Cupcakes are one of the most unique cupcake flavors! It is similar to basic Cherry Cupcakes but with a twist. This recipe makes 12 cupcakes.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 packet (0.13 oz) cherry Kool-Aid
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla extract.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and Kool-Aid powder. Add half of this mixture to the butter mixture, stirring until just combined. Stir in milk, then add the remaining flour mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Fill baking cups 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.