This is the recipe for blueberry cupcakes!
1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, at room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar mixed with
- 1/4 teaspoonground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Grease 18 regular-size muffin cups (or 12 large size muffins).
- In bowl, mix butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each.
- Beat in vanilla, baking powder and salt.
- With spoon, fold in half of flour then half of milk into batter; repeat.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin cups and sprinkle topping onto each muffin.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and springy to touch.
What time of day do you think is the best time to eat a Blueberry Cupcake?